Beaver Island-Charlevoix County Issues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gillespie

gillespie

• Moderators
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 08:22 PM

As the elected representative of District 6 I have been enjoying the challenge and look forward to serving the district. So far I have been able to secure a water wagon to aid in wetting dry island roads during droughty times and am meeting with the road commission manager and engineer tomorrow, Wednesday, to discuss roads in Norwood Township. I welcome input on District 6 issues and would hope that people take the time to post their questions. If it is something you would like direct contact on you can send a private message through this site. Look forward to hearing from you!

#2 Derian8

Derian8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:27 PM

Does anyone have any knowledge of Beaver Island.. it is located in Lake Michigan... way up North..It is considereded part of Michigan state I
believe.. then and now..... am looking for info from the mid 1800.... The population was Morman and Native American...... I know there was a Small
pox outbreak in Michigan around that time....Am wondering if it made it to the island....or if there was a problem maybe with the Mormans at that
time. would appreciate any info.... Thank You

#3 gillespie

gillespie

• Moderators
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:23 PM

Derian, contact http://beaverisland....island-history/ they may be able to help you!